Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Disillusioned

….state is what I am in for the time being. Inspite of putting in the best efforts, I still have to wait for some more time to realize my aim of getting into sports mgmt. Actually, my real struggle begins after getting there. But getting there itself is turning out to be a bigger struggle.

Life is indeed so complicated besides being beautiful, of course. :) I sometimes feel like a bird trapped in a cage flapping its wings relentlessly to soar high up in the sky. And instead of setting it free, the bird finds that even its wings are being clipped. As Laks had said…Give me Liberty or givme me death.

But therein lies the beauty of the struggle…to overcome these inhibitions and taking life head on. I know my time will come….rather I will make it come but my patience is being tested to its limits. I hope I don’t have to wait too long now.

***

The vacation to my home back in pune was a welcome break. Will post the snaps soon. Had been to Mumbai to meet yet another sports fellow. :) Chances are high of something fruitful happening. I just wish it happens soon.

Traveling by local trains within Mumbai is an experience itself. I am sure everyone who has done that will agree with me. Its simply mind-blowing: the sheer number of passengers getting in and out of the bogies, almost at the same time. And the whole transaction gets done in hardly a minute. And amidst all this, its heartening to find a young couple, standing close to each other with the boy protecting the girl from the crowd with his two hands covering her from either sides and the girl putting her hands on his shoulders, carrying on with their mushy conversations all the while. What do you call such a moment? Simply Priceless!

***

Is the recent winning streak of Indian cricket team against Sri Lanka a sign of a beginning of a new era? I tend to believe so. Best luck to Greg Chappell and Rahul Dravid.

As for the English League, it was one great match on Sunday b/w Man Utd. and Chelsea. Now that we have bought a portable TV, I am not gonna miss these matches anymore. :)

Our badminton players will be going to Indonesia for training for the upcoming Thomas and Uber Cup as well as for the Common Wealth Games to be hosted in Melbourne in March 2006. Here's wishing them all the best.

9 Comments:

Blogger still_figuring_out said...

i`ve watched train scenes in movies. i am fascinated! my sweetie has travelled to india countless times, and he says the mode of transports there is a fascinating experience. i can`t wait to try it myself!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Nirav said...

Hey... Best of Luck for your plans ahead. Btw, Mumbail Railways is an experience by itself. Not long back I had written about it here

The ManU Chelsea match was quite good to watch... havent seen an aggro match like this in the EPL for some time now.

7:17 AM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

AnC: Yeah..except that i had a fall from a 6 ft wall. Fortunately, landed straight on my bum and avoided any serious injury. :)

SFO: Yeah...mumbai local train experience is one of its own kind. Do have it once! And yeah...do let me know when you come to india. Expect some surprises! :D

Laks: Best luck to ourselves for our fights. Keep up the fire in the belly.

Nirav: Thanks man! EPL has become quite a brand, thanks to the quality on offer.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck! :) n great taht u bought a tv! :D

--shub

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please write something more informative and to the point.
:p

12:42 PM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

shub: Thanks! You know how happy i feel when i catch sports events live on TV. :)

Aniruddha: X-(. :p:p:p.....

4:09 PM  
Blogger SeePearrl said...

humm...seems you had a good vacation :)

Regarding the train experience..I never had a chance to travel in trains..:(

Partly because I have never travelled out of bangalore except to Coorg which was my final year trip...and that too was in a BUS.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Pilli said...

hmm exactly same situation with me on the foriegn land out here.. but being "practical" could help..
all the best boy... keep the fire burning...

oh boy local trains.. >:D< i had the touch of it in chennai... i can just say it is awesome.... exactly all those "electric train love" scenarios are very intersting ;)u are almost working with the live wire out there :D

9:53 PM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

White Forest(will be referred as WF henceforth): Yeah...pune vacations are always cool. :) Do come once there.

Pills: But you have to be there in mumbai to get 'the experience of a local'. :) I doubt if chennai is as same as mumbai. And yeah..man...those love tidbits....ahhh.....how much i wish....u know what... :p:p:p

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission