Friday, November 18, 2005

My most important call till date

Just a hour back, i received, perhaps, the most important call in my life till date. Of course, its got all to do with sports only. Can there be anything other than that in my life. :p Dont wanna dramatise the way i did it here :)

The director of a premiere sports management company called me up and evinced interest in meeting me up. Though I may not get any offer instantly but surely I can look forward for something fruitful to happen. A strong ray of hope. And thats what has kept me going on. As Laks told me while chatting, Time and Pressure - thats all what it takes.

Is this the sign of my redemption time? I beleive so. I am just ecstatic. Its the kind of feeling the caged bird in my previous post will feel when it were to see an angel coming towards its cage to set itself free.

I am at a crossroad where I have some tough decisions to be made. Well, in fact, I have already done. Hope i will realize them and then only i will post about it. And today i received a forward which had a quote that sums up my life.

Someone asked me "why do you always insist on taking the hard road?" and I
replied "why do you assume I see two roads?"

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is just the beginning :-)

keep it up!

Pradeep

2:07 PM  
Blogger Pilli said...

good luck dude.. i know what it means to get such appointment.

give it your best shot.

6:08 PM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

Laks, Pradeep, Pills, AnC: Thank you all. You know how much it means to me. :)

11:01 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

my best wishes!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Lady Z said...

Boy o boy,u sure know what you want in life!

You write well too.The last lines were superb :D

12:18 PM  
Blogger Prithi Shetty said...

sports management company, ah-ha. So the next Jerry Maguire, is it ?

All the Best !

10:00 AM  
Blogger shub said...

awesome! all the best! :)

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats...

Well i hv started an anonymous blog - those tests were taken just like that - and hence posted them on the dead blog.

Dagny

8:09 PM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

SFO, Shub: Thanks a tonne!

PS: Not exactly Jerry but yeah..my job may have shades of it. I am more focussed on creating the product. And will take up whatever is needed to acheive that. Thanks!

Dagny: Thanks! U can share the link with me if u dont mind. :) All the best with ur exams.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have gone thru ur posts in PG and thru ur blog but I couldn`t find anywhere how are u planning to improve the condition of Indian Sports. If u could outline ur plan I could assisit you in someway as I too have the same plans as you and I am planning to do a sports management degree from outside India within 2 years.

10:47 AM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

Anon: Share your contact info. I am more than eager to get in touch with you. I do have a plan. Am working towards it. I have word docs with me elaborating on that. And yeah...sports mgmt degree from outside is very well on the cards for me as well. :) Thanks and do keep coming. I will be keeping track of things here. I am sure we both can help each other.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what did u talk on phone with that director of PSM company ?

7:09 AM  
Blogger Madhav said...

Hi ... congrats on taking an important step towards your goal! I came across your profile on Orkut and that led to your blog which I've been visiting for some time now ... a really worthwhile read :)
I'm a huge cricket fan myself and write on cricket in the middle of a maniacal MBA I don't know why I'm pursuing! Have a look at my blog if you get the time for more on all that!
And your plan for Indian sport seems a very exciting idea ... I'd be really interested in working on such a project ... let me know more about it ...
Cheers!
Madhav

8:46 AM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

Aniruddha: Yeah..i will let u know. Just waiting for the right time. :)
Madhav: Thanks for dropping by! I would really love to work with people like you in sports mgmt. Looking fwd for more!
Morhia: Thanks man! Yeah..i need all the support and the blessings. :) Keep them coming in chunks.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck dude!!! This post reminded me of Shawsank Redemption more than once:))
~Rajiv

5:22 AM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

Thanks Rajiv, yeah...we have to seek our our redemption. :)

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best

3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission