Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Firsts


Many firsts are associated with this post. Namely

  • My first morning post –
    For someone like me, it is an achievement in itself. After a long long time, been to the office before 9 am and am challenging myself to finish the post before 9 am. :)
  • My first sponsorship deal –
    I will be involved with Bangalore Half Marathon event. And the so-called beginner’s luck has been with me. Though the deal aint a big one, but certainly is a morale-booster and signifies a small +ve step towards my goal.
  • My first official sports event –
    Actually this can be clubbed with the previous one. Though I was involved
    with the 1st Lipton Bangalore International Marathon held on 15th May, my role was limited as a volunteer. Now I will be getting my first opportunity at sports event management and get a chance to dirty my hands. Oh yes, apparently I am paying quite a big price for that. Chucking a comfortable highly-rewarding (in terms of pay)s/w job to take up sports mgmt at a salary equivalent to a stipend at the moment. Of course, the satisfaction I gain will be priceless and I am ready for the hard grind ahead.

    ***
    Overcoming testing times

As I had mentioned here, me and my roomies were going through testing times wrt our careers. And like true victors, we all have stood our ground and have taken our first small steps towards our dreams. So P~ too is chucking up his mainframes s/w job in an MNC and joining a small company specializing in embedded systems. After waiting for what seemed like eternity, V~ too has got his first break, again in a small embedded domain company.

And a punchline to sign off the post:

"You can take me away from the sport but you can’t take the sport away from me."

PS: Missed my 9 am deadline by 13 mins. Have to be a bit more disciplined. :(

19 Comments:

Blogger SeePearrl said...

liked the punchline :)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Lady Z said...

Congo man..WTG! :)...ur 'run' towards ur dream has finally started, both figuratively n literally ;)

5:21 PM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

WF: Thanks a tonne!
Zarine: Yeah..thanks...you can understand my relief. :) Am waiting for that post! :p

6:06 PM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

i`m sure the event you`re going to organize will be awesome! how nice it is that you enjoy your work ;) i`m just waiting for my significant other to say "you can stay at home now" :p

8:48 AM  
Blogger . said...

Congrats & all the best :)

10:06 AM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

SFO: LOL...i have an idea...why dont you start a kindergarten in your new home. I am sure you will love that work as much you do your sweetie n AnC. :)

Ranj: Thanks a tonne!

AnC: No doubt!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Prithi Shetty said...

Wow ! Congratulations !

5:21 PM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

PS: Thanks! And come what may, you n ur hubby will participate in the marathon. :)

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

leaving the s/w job is a very delicate decision.....
All the best for ur mission.

(but just as a "Plan B", dont close the doors to come back into s/w)

9:28 AM  
Blogger shub said...

arrey did you put in you rpapers already?

1:19 PM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

Aniruddha: Yeah..in the worst case..i may come back to s/w quarry for survival...but i will again go back to sports mgmt...and that will keep happening till i acheive my objective!

Shub: Yeah..i have intimated the PM today...and by mid-week, i should be releived from my prison! :p

4:01 PM  
Blogger Pilli said...

get set go...
boy congrats for the platoform that you've made for yourself. all the best dude

and i really wish i was there to participate in the marathon... :(

3:59 AM  
Blogger khelnayak said...

Laks n Pills: Thanks ppl! And yeah all the best to both of you as well. Keep those wishes coming in chunks. I will be needing lots of them. :)

5:02 PM  
Blogger Akshaya Aradhya said...

All the best with the marathon.

It'll be a grand success. I am damn sure! :)

Adios!

11:32 AM  
Blogger still_figuring_out said...

happy new year, KN!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Resume Writing said...

Resume Editing:I’ve already bookmarked this article and will absolutely pass on this article to all my close friends and social group. Thanks for posting!

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Term Papers said...

Superb conference, it is really effective and the atmosphere is amazing. Thank you for the post.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...


six sigma certification Fantastic web site. Plenty of helpful information is here. I am sending it to several friends and also sharing in delicious way. And of course, thank you to your sweet post!......
Online MBA

1:24 PM  
Blogger luckys said...

honda activa 5g colours

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission